Gazprom Promgaz OJSC favourable review has been received.
Three first settlements (Ilyinskiy, Nerdva and Severniy Kommunar) in the Perm Territory to which natural gas will be supplied using LNG technology without use of cross-country gas pipelines have been selected in the scope of implementation of Remote Regions Gasification Program.
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Storage, Supply and Regasification Complex in Ilyinskiy settlement (Ilyinskiy district) is located administratively in the Perm Territory. Ilyinskiy district is located in the central part of the Perm Territory in Kama river basin and its confluents Obva and Chermoza. The district borders the Komi-Permyatski Autonomous District as well as Dobryansk, Karagay, Krasnokamsk and Perm municipal districts. Ilyinskiy settlement, the administrative center of the district, is located in 84 km from Perm.
The built "LNG Storage and Regasification System in Ilyinskiy District of the Perm Territory" (LNG ISRS) complex is a part of unified technologically interconnected system for liquefaction, storage, transportation and regasification of LNG in the Perm Territory.
LNG ISRS installation is designated for LNG intake via discharge unit from refueling truck, its long-term storage with minimum losses, regasification and subsequent supply to consumers' gas networks.
LNG ISRS consists of the following systems and process equipment:
- three LNG storage tanks of capacity 50 m3 each. The tanks are equipped with a pressurization vaporizer, a pressure control valve, shut-off and safety valves, local and remote instruments for monitoring level and pressure. The storage tanks are designated for LNG isothermal storage.
- an atmospheric vaporizer unit consisting of two parallel switching lines with two vaporizers in each line. Product vaporizers are designated for gasification of liquefied natural gas by means of heat from the environment;
- a natural gas electric heater unit. The electric heaters are designed for heating natural gas before its supply to a gas pipeline;
- a natural gas stenching unit providing gas odorization in accordance with safety rules;
- a natural gas custody transfer unit;
- a nitrogen ramp designated for storage and supply of nitrogen to the installation pipelines;
- a power supply system, a lighting system, an earthing system and a lightning protection system;
- a parameter control and measuring system equipped with safety and control automatic equipment;
- shut-off and safety valves;
- pipeline manifolds;
- a fire-fighting sprinkling system for LNG storage tanks;
- fire reserve storage tanks with immersible pumps;
- auxiliary built structures;
- a safety system;
- a security and fire alarm.
LNG storage tank total capacity 150 m3, filling factor Ffil = 0.9. LNG storage is performed with pressure maintenance from 0.3 to 0.6 MPa. The installation rated volumetric capacity is 2000 nm3/hour of natural gas. Maintenance of preset LNG storage pressure in tanks, switching of vaporizer set by closing/opening of motor operated valves, maintenance of temperature at outlet not lower than minus 10 °С using regulated electric heaters and maintenance of pressure at consumer's inlet as well as switching of LNG supply from storage tank to another tank when achieving minimum level in the used tank are provided in automatic mode.
The technology used in the plant operations includes the following processes:
- LNG accumulation in cryogenic tanks;
- LNG isothermal storage and its supply to vaporizers;
- evaporation (boiling) and heating in atmospheric vaporizers by means of supplying atmospheric air heat to LNG;
- gas heating in electric heaters.
The equipment operation is automated to the maximum and performed manually in case of connecting a filling truck to LNG discharge unit only. Information on condition and parameters of equipment operation is transmitted both to a local control point and to the Control Room of LNG Plant. That guarantees timeliness of gas supply and safety of the complex operation.
Natural gas meeting GOST 5542-87 and fed to medium pressure pipeline for distribution to consumers of nearby settlement including private houses and municipal boiler plants is at the production site outlet.Back to the section