Works have been executed at the request of the Administration of Nikolaevskiy municipal district, Mnogovershinniy settlement.
The liquefied natural gas intake, storage and regasification system (LNG ISRS) is created in Mnogovershinniy settlement of Nikolaevskiy municipal district, the Khabarovsk Territory in parallel with creation of Natural Gas Liquefaction Plant (NGLP) in the area of Nikolayevsk-on-Amur GDS, the Khabarovsk Territory, and forms a unified technologically interconnected enterprise for production and shipment of liquefied natural gas with its subsequent transportation and regasification for supplying to medium and low pressure networks with its use for gas supply to households and boiler houses.
"LNG Storage and Regasification System in Mnogovershinniy Settlement of Nikolaevskiy Municipal District" (LNG ISRS) complex is designated for intake of LNG unloaded from refuelling truck, its long-term storage with minimum losses, regasification and subsequent supply to consumers' gas networks.
The following conditions required for LNG ISRS construction are available at the selected site near Mnogovershinniy settlement of Nikolaevskiy municipal district, the Khabarovsk Territory and and at the adjacent territory:
– Floor spaces for safe installation of equipment;
– LNG ISRS is located near a road and at the sufficient distance from the settlement;
– Possibility for vehicle access for LNG discharge;
– Electric networks; possibility to connect communication and warning systems from the settlement's networks;
– Availability of personnel trained for operations at hazardous production facilities and possibility to engage them in operations at gas consuming facilities.
LNG ISRS construction and natural gas supply to consumers allows switching the existing coal (diesel) boiler houses to natural gas as well as providing natural gas supply for needs of the public thus reducing environmental impact as well as raising the living standards of people living in these settlements.
LNG ISRS consists of the following primary process equipment, facilities and systems:
LNG ISRS consists of LNG intake, storage and supply tanks of capacity 50 m3 each and two parallel sets of atmospheric vaporizers of capacity 1000 nm3/hour each. Electric gas heater providing gas heating in winter conditions is installed downstream the atmospheric vaporizers. Heated natural gas is supplied to GDP and after that it is fed to consumers via gas transmission pipeline network.
The complex operates as follows:
- LNG delivered by a filling truck via discharge unit is supplied through a heat-insulated pipeline and stored in cryogenic tanks;
- LNG is stored in the tanks with automatic maintenance of preset pressure from 0.2 to 0.6 MPa;
- LNG from the storage tank via heat-insulated pipeline is fed to an operating vaporizer set at pressure 0.4 MPa. The second vaporizer set is in heatup mode at that time. The heatup is performed by means of atmospheric air heat.
- in vaporizers LNG from liquid state is changed to gaseous state boiling up by means of atmospheric air heat supply. Natural gas temperature at vaporizers outlet can be lower than ambient temperature however not more than by 20 °С. In this case gas pressure slightly changes.
- the parameter control and measuring system maintains gas temperature at the system outlet not lower than -10 °С automatically by switching vaporizer sets and activation of heaters. Operation time of one vaporizer set is not more than 8 hours;
- Heated natural gas is supplied to GDP where pressure is stabilized. After that gas is supplied to a consumer.
The equipment operation is automated to the maximum. Connection of a filling truck to LNG discharge unit and LNG discharge from transportation tank to an empty LNG storage tank are performed manually only. Maintenance of preset LNG storage pressure in the tank, switching of LNG supply from one storage tank to another one when achieving minimum level in the used tank, maintenance of pressure and temperature of gas supplied to the consumer, switching of vaporizers and heaters operation and maintenance of gas pressure supplied to consumers are performed in automatic mode. Information on condition and parameters of equipment operation is transmitted both to a local control point and to the Control Room of LNG Plant. That guarantees timeliness of gas supply and safety of the complex operation.
Natural gas meeting GOST 5542-87 and fed to medium pressure pipeline for distribution to consumers of nearby settlement including private houses and municipal boiler plants is at the production site outlet.Back to the section